RESEARCH TECHNICIAN
UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA, ATHENS, GA

I anticipate hiring a research technician with
an immediate start date.  My laboratory conducts
research in evolutionary and ecological genetics of invasive species.

Qualifications are an undergraduate degree in Biology or related
field with 1 or more undergraduate or graduate courses in
genetics, and some research experience.  Experience with
PCR and molecular biology protocols is necessary.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.

I would prefer to hire a recently graduated undergraduate
who is interested in working in an academic setting for at
least a year before starting graduate school.

The working conditions, intellectual atmosphere, and facilities
in Genetics at Georgia are excellent.  Athens is a lovely and
inexpensive place in which to live with all of the advantages of
and culture of a 200 year-old university town.  You may wish
to look at the Department of GeneticsÂ’ web site at:
www.genetics.uga.edu.

Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.

For more information, please contact me by e-mail at:
mauri...@uga.edu

Interested persons should send by e-mail a letter of
application, a CV and the name, phone number and e-mail
address of 2 references.

Rodney Mauricio, Ph.D.
Department of Genetics
University of Georgia