I am looking for 2 graduate students to start in Fall 2014 (earlier start
may be possible). Applications at both the MSc and PhD level are welcome.

Research in my lab addresses fundamental questions about population,
community, and/or eco-evolutionary dynamics, typically via a combination of
experiments and mathematical modeling. My own work uses protist microcosms
as a model system, but students in my lab often work in other systems as
appropriate for their own questions. Current and recent student projects
include the ecology and evolution of plant-pollinator interaction networks,
local adaptation to abiotic and biotic selection pressures in alpine plants,
and effects of intraspecific genetic variation on interspecific competition
and coexistence in bean beetles.

For more on my lab and my research, see my homepage:
http://homepages.ucalgary.ca/~jefox/Home.htm.

The University of Calgary is one of Canada’s leading research universities.
The Dept. of Biological Sciences has a large graduate program (>140 graduate
students, approximately 40% of them in ecology and evolution). The city of
Calgary is home to over 1 million people, and is 45 min. drive from the
Rocky Mountains, with all of the opportunities for research and recreation
that implies.

For more on my mentoring philosophy, and for links to information on the
University of Calgary Biological Sciences graduate program (including
funding sources and the application process), go here:
http://homepages.ucalgary.ca/~jefox/Openings.htm

Guaranteed funding of over $20,000 CAD/year is available for 2 years (MSc)
or 4 years (PhD) through a combination of TAships, RAships, and other sources.

Interested students should contact me via email (je...@ucalgary.ca), and
attach transcripts (unofficial is fine) and contact details for three