Jane et al.,
Leigh Van Valen taught a famous course here at the University of Chicago
that served as the foundation for a few generations of evolutionary
biologists. "Evolutionary Processes" was a rite of passage for first-year
PhD students and thankfully the syllabus, notes, and description from one
year are available online (http://leighvanvalen.com/about/#courses). His
course made such an impact on students that even after his death in 2010,
entering students continue to take it upon themselves to form reading
groups to go through the list (though they miss out on his songs, poems,
and general eccentricities).
Best,
Alison

__
Alison Anastasio, Ph.D.
Manager of Graduate Research, Education, and Outreach
Department of Ecology and Evolution
Department of Organismal Biology and Anatomy
University of Chicago

Culver 405E
773-702-3891
a...@uchicago.edu