Dear all,

The MaxNetAging Research School (MNARS) is seeking applications for
Doctoral and Postdoctoral Fellowships to start in February 2014. MNARS is
an international graduate program launched by the Max Planck International
Research Network on Aging (MaxNetAging).

Traditionally the focus of the MNARS Fellowships has been on human aging,
but we wish to encourage applications from candidates interested in
studying demography and aging across a broader taxonomic range including
non-human animals and plants. We are particularly interested in candidates
wishing to undertake studies on the evolution of aging across large clades
using matrix modeling and comparative phylogenetic approaches.
See http://tinyurl.com/compadre3 for brief details of some of our data.

Candidates interested in these particular areas will work both with
researchers at the Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research (MPIDR)
in Rostock, and with us [Dr. Owen Jones (Max-Planck Center on the
Biodemography of Aging, Odense, Denmark) and Dr. Roberto Salguero-Gomez
(University of Queensland, Australia)].

Each fellow enrolled in the MNARS will be affiliated with a participating
Max Planck Institute, in our case this will be the MPIDR in Rostock,
Germany. During the first six months of the MNARS all doctoral and
postdoctoral fellows will study together in Rostock.

Please visit www.maxnetaging.mpg.de for more information on the program
and the other participating Max Planck Institutes.

Applications should include:

 - a CV,
 - a statement about the level of the job you are seeking (as doctoral or
postdoctoral student) and why you are interested in working in the
MaxNetAging Research School, details of qualifications, including
information about honors, awards, or evaluations of your educational
degrees (e.g., "cum laude"),
 - a list of publications, if any,
 - names and addresses of 2 people we can contact about you, and,
 - for postdoctoral fellows a brief outline about your research agenda in
the upcoming two years.

Applicants should also indicate the Max Planck Institute they wish to be
affiliated with (in this case, the MPIDR in Rostock, Germany).

The Max Planck Society wishes to increase the share of women in areas
where they are underrepresented, and strongly encourages women to apply.
The Max Planck Society is committed to employing more handicapped
individuals and especially encourages them to apply. Applications should
be addressed to the MaxNetAging Director Prof. James W. Vaupel and sent by
e-mail at the latest by September 6, 2013 to appl-mn...@demogr.mpg.de.

E-mail inquiries concerning the application process and other aspects of
MNARS should also be sent to appl-mn...@demogr.mpg.de.

Informal enquiries can be made with Owen Jones (jo...@biology.sdu.dk) or
Roberto Salguero-Gomez (r.salgu...@uq.edu.au)

Best wishes,
Owen Jones and Roberto Salguero-Gomez

This mail has been sent through the MPI for Demographic Research.  Should you
receive a mail that is apparently from a MPI user without this text displayed,
then the address has most likely been faked. If you are uncertain about the
validity of this message, please check the mail header or ask your system
administrator for assistance.