My university is interested in promoting various certifications given our
current curriculum.  We are wondering the degree to which others in the
ecological field find certification as an Ecologist by ESA as an important part
of a cv for various positions.  It doesn't seem to be very important in terms
of entering graduate school or obtaining other academic positions, but perhaps
its value is more in the environmental consulting industry?  If anyone has any
insight on the value of such certification, I would sincerely appreciate it.

cheers,

Howard

Howard H. Whiteman
Department of Biological Sciences
Murray State University
Murray, KY  42071-0009

Phone: (270) 809-6753
FAX:   (270) 809-2788

http://campus.murraystate.edu/academic/faculty/hwhiteman/index.shtml

"Time is like a fuse--short and burning fast" ---Metallica

"You can take the people out of Pittsburgh, but you will never take the
Pittsburgh out of people"--Bill Cowher

"Being me is a full time job, and I haven't missed a day yet"--Stephen Colbert

"In the face of impossible odds, people who love their country can change
it"--Barack Obama

"Play without fear and you will be successful!  See you at center ice."--Mario
Lemieux

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the
world."--Nelson Mandela