The Department of Biology at the University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO) is seeking
to recruit students
for our Master’s degree program. We provide support through teaching
assistantships (which include
tuition waivers), as well as through faculty research grants. In addition,
research and summer
support funds are available on a competitive basis. UNO is located in the heart
of the Omaha metro
(877,000 people) and UNO currently enrolls approximately 3,000 graduate
students and 13,000
undergraduates. Our departmental program covers all levels of organization
within biology. Faculty
with interests in conservation, ecology, behavior, restoration, and evolution
include:
Tom Bragg (plant community diversity/fire ecology)
Tim Dickson (restoration of prairie plant diversity:
http://GrasslandEcology.com)
Roxi Kellar (plant systematics and biodiversity:
http://www.unomaha.edu/biodiversity/)
John McCarty (conservation and ecology of birds:
http://www.unomaha.edu/environmental_studies/JPM_Home.html)
Claudia Rauter (behavioral ecology)
James Wilson (Physiological ecology of vertebrates, primarily mammals, relating
an individual’s body
condition to population level factors)
L. LaReesa Wolfenbarger (land use and conservation science:
http://www.unomaha.edu/environmental_studies/LLWolfenbarger.html)

For a complete list of faculty interests and contact information visit:
http://www.unomaha.edu/biology/faculty.php

Interested students should contact one or more faculty members prior to
application to discuss
possible thesis topics. The deadline for applications for fall enrollment is 15
February. For more
information http://www.unomaha.edu/biology/grad.php