Job Description:
Experience the best backcountry Yellowstone National Park has to offer! Use
your wildlife and
botany knowledge to work as a naturalist for Yellowstone Wilderness Outfitters.
You will have the
opportunity to view grizzlies, black bears, moose, and wolves all while
interpreting Yellowstone's
hottest conservation issues for our guests. Guiding horseback tours in
Yellowstone is the
adventure of a lifetime. You are not just a tour guide; you are a Yellowstone
ecology expert. You'll
learn all about the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem and add extensive backcountry
experience to
your resume.

Interpersonal skills are vital to interacting with our guests. A guide must be
able to field any and
all questions about Yellowstone National Park. Knowledge of wildlife,
wildflowers, general ecology,
geology, and history is essential. We will point you toward materials that will
help you prepare. You
are essentially naturalists working on horseback. There is also a very physical
side to the job. The
job requires lifting 50 lbs or more, working in all weather conditions at
altitudes of 6,000 to
10,000 feet, very long hours, and very few days off.

We are based out of Gardiner, MT, the North Entrance to Yellowstone National
Park. Housing is
required on-site in a huge, nice camper trailer, shared among other guides, and
costs around
$200 per month. Pets and personal horses are not allowed.

This is an outdoor job and you will be required to provide the equipment
necessary for working in
the backcountry. At a minimum, this must include: waterproof boots, western
wear and hat, rain
and winter gear, headlamp, Leatherman Wave, and a zero degree sleeping bag.

If you plan to spend all your time in the local bars, please don't waste our
time (and yours)
applying. We expect all applicants to have a genuine desire to work in
Yellowstone National Park.

Qualifications:
--  Our 2014 season runs from June through September and you must be able to
commit to the
majority of the season (exact contract dates to be determined later).
--  Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate that they have worked
with horses and have
competent riding skills. Video may be required of applicants.
--  A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required.
--  Previous naturalist and guiding experience is a plus, but not mandatory.
Any experience with
the public is beneficial.
--  All positions are very labor intensive and applicants must be physically
fit.
--  Applicants must be at least 18 years old and arrive with valid Red Cross
First Aid and CPR
certification.
--  At this time, we are only able to hire US citizens or those with a U.S.
work visa in-hand.

Salary: $350.00 per week plus tips.

How to Apply:
For complete descriptions of available positions and to download the
applications, please visit our
website at: http://www.yellowstone.ws/jobs.html

Application Deadline: February 28, 2014