I'll just add one more ecology-related project to the list:

Can Genetic Diversity Preserve a Friendship?. Shannon Bayliss, California
State University, Northridge.

https://experiment.com/projects/can-genetic-diversity-preserve-a-friendship

*Symbiodinium* is algae that reproduces in as little as 24 hours; 10,000
times faster than the average American woman! They also play crucial roles
in the health of coral reefs, as they form mutualisms with reef organisms.
I will examine how diverse communities of *Symbiodinium *can rapidly evolve
to the survival of the mutualism and to the persistence of a healthy
ecosystem.

---
Casey terHorst
Assistant Professor