Sorry for the mass email of self-promotion, but I would like to draw some
attention to a new blog... Prairies to Patch Reefs, which can be found at
http://prairiestopatchreefs.wordpress.com/

In the past I have made contributions to another
blog<http://matthewoldach.scienceblog.com/>.  However, as a new M.Sc. student
it was time to create my own platform where I could rant about things I want to
get off my chest, to get help/feedback from colleagues in the community, talk
about papers I have just read, conferences I attended or even to tell other
graduate students about some helpful resource I found.  I feel, like Brian
Tomasik<http://utilitarian-essays.com/blog-or-publish.html?utm_content=bufferb1c9e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer>,
 that the discussion of scientific thought and progress through a public forum
is just as important (in other ways) as writing peer-reviewed publications,
attending conferences, etc.  I would like this blog to be a vehicle for serious
professional conversations rather than just provide information so I hope
you'll participate.

I'm broadly interested in coral reefs, ecology, scientific diving and
bioinformatics. I grew up in Alberta, Canada but went to Dalhousie for my B.Sc.
and have been involved with marine research ever since (hence the name of this
blog).

Matthew

---

Matthew J. Oldach