Hi,

We are presently running an experiment that examines the interactions
between annuals and Sedum plants. In the experiment, we have crossed the
dispersion (uniform or clumped) of the sedum with presence and absence of
annuals.

We are trying to quantify the developmental success of the Sedum among the
different treatments. Because they are small plots and we want
repetitive measurements,
we need to find a non-invasive way of measuring biomass or some proxy. That
is, we cannot simply remove samples for measurement. We do not think that
we can quantify this by photographing because the annuals cover much of the
Sedum in the Sedum + annual plots. The experiment is still running so
cannot weigh some/all the biomass...

Any suggestions of how to quantify the plant (Sedum) developmental success
to make treatment comparisons. Help would be appreciated!

Amiel