Dear colleagues,

You may be aware that the American Seed Trade Association recently testified before Congress advocating less stringent guidelines for the use of locally-adapted native seed for restoration on public lands (statement attached). Andrea Kramer and I worked on a response to their testimony that we will share with the Interior Appropriations Committee. We are asking scientists who are involved in restoration and/or ecological genetics to sign on if they wish to. If you would like to sign on, please attach your electronic signature and return to me by Friday, July 11. We will send this to the appropriations committee and other appropriate officials next week. Thanks for your consideration! Best, Kay

-------

Kayri Havens-Young, Ph.D.

Medard and Elizabeth Welch Director

Division of Plant Science and Conservation

Senior Scientist
Chicago Botanic Garden
1000 Lake Cook Road
Glencoe, IL  60022