Colleagues,

On behalf of my colleagues from the Russian Academy of Sciences and the US EPA
Office of Research and Development, I invite you to submit an abstract to the
2014 AGU Fall Meeting Biosciences section session "Western Siberian Peatlands:
Sources, Sinks, and Processes Affecting Carbon Effluxes". The session is
described thusly:

Peatlands cover approximately 36% of the western Siberian landscape and are
significantly influenced by manifestations of global climate change affecting
carbon effluxes. These climatological alterations influence changes in process
rates and fluxes of CO2, CH4, and other gases, as well as presage hydrological
and structural changes potentially amplifying feedback loops. This session
provides a forum to present advances in peatland science in a changing world,
with a particular focus on how climate change is affecting the western Siberian
peatland landscape, the world's most extensive peatland system. While
interested in site-specific studies, we further encourage studies on peatland
biogeochemical, physical, and hydrological processes at larger scales and the
emergence of cross-scale patterns.

Additional information may be found here:
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm14/webprogrampreliminary/Session1965.html

Invited speakers include:
1) Sergey Kirpotin, Tomsk State University,
http://www.cfsfr.org/cfs_en/layout/set/print/Recherche2/Participants-aux-projets/Pr.-Dr.-Sergey-Kirpotin
2) Laurence Smith, UCLA, http://www.geog.ucla.edu/lsmith&;
http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=K3hy1E8AAAAJ&hl=en
3) Jeff Chanton, Florida State University,
http://eoas.fsu.edu/people/faculty/dr-jeff-chanton&;
http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=tZxd5DsAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao
4) Johanna Karlsson, Stockholm University,
http://www.ink.su.se/english/research/our-researchers/m-o/m%C3%A5rd-karlsson-johanna

Note that abstracts are due by 06 August.

We appreciate your consideration, and please pass this along to interested
colleagues.

With regards,
Charles Lane
Senior Scientist
US EPA Office of Research and Development
on behalf of session co-conveners

-          Evgeny Gordov, Director, Siberian Center for Environmental Research
and Training; Institute of Monitoring of Climatic and Ecological Systems,
Russian Academy of Sciences

-          Egor Dyukarev, Institute of Monitoring of Climatic and Ecological
Systems, Russian Academy of Sciences

-          Brad Autrey, JD, US EPA Office of Research and Development