Dear colleagues,

We invite abstract submissions to the 2014 AGU Fall Meeting session:
"Ecosystem structure: remote sensing observations and modelling of its
influence on radiation regimes and gas exchanges".

The session invited authors are:
* Tristan Quaife (U. Reading)
* Douglas Morton (GSFC)
* Fumiki Hosoi (U. Tokyo)
* Mathias Disney (UCL) (to confirm)

Co-conveners: Martin Beland (UC Berkeley, USA),  Hideki Kobayashi (Japan
Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology, Yokohama, Japan ), Brady
Hardiman (Boston University, USA)

Session details:
Forest canopy structure influences the solar radiation measured from
satellite sensors used to map essential climate variables and leaf
biochemistry. It also influences nonlinear processes regulating the exchange
of CO2 and water vapour with the atmosphere. Advances in remote sensing
technology (e.g. LiDAR, RADAR) offer improved capacities to characterise
canopy structure and examine its influence. We invite contributions
investigating the retrieval of canopy structure information from remote
sensing, as well as its use in radiative transfer, biophysical, vegetation
dynamics, or terrestrial biosphere models.

Web link:
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm14/webprogrampreliminary/Session1919.html

Please note the deadline for abstract submissions is August 6, 2014.

Bests,
Brady, Martin, and Hideki