The Society of Wetland Scientists (SWS) announces the availability of
undergraduate student awards for travel to attend our SWS annual meeting in
Providence, RI May 31 – June 4, 2015. In order to meet our goal of
increasing diversity in wetland science fields, the Society brings the
students to our national meeting and matches them with mentors for the
duration of the meeting. The areas of interest of the student participants
can range from freshwater to marine and involve a wide variety of organism
types.

We encourage qualified undergraduate students to apply for this exciting
opportunity. We will cover all travel expenses associated with the meeting.
Participants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States or
its possessions. Spring 2015 graduates are eligible. Participants are
selected based on academic promise, interest in exploring a career in the
natural sciences, potential for serving as a mentor, and demonstrated
commitment to increasing opportunities for underrepresented students.

Additional information is available from Dr. Vanessa Lougheed, University of
Texas at El Paso (vlough...@utep.edu) and on the program’s web page
(http://www.sws.org/Awards-and-Grants/sws-undergraduate-mentoring-
program.html). An email to Vanessa Lougheed expressing interest in the
program can serve as a pre-application. Application deadline is November 7,
2014.