Masters and PhD Positions in the Elderd Lab, Starting Fall 2015
Department of Biological Sciences
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA

I am currently recruiting either Masters or PhD students for my lab at
Louisiana State University
(LSU) in the Department of Biological Sciences starting Fall 2015.

In particular, my lab takes a quantitative approach to ecological questions and
I  require that my
students have a strong interest or training in quantitative ecology. While
students may work on
projects closely affiliated with my research, I also encourage them to seek out
their own research
identity.

In general, my research focuses on examining how disease outbreaks, community
structure, and
stochasticity influence population dynamics by combining experiments with
theoretical models.
The work in my lab focuses on: 1) disease transmission and insect outbreaks; 2)
plant and insect
population demography; and, 3) population viability and rare species
management.  See the lab
website for any additional details: <http://www.lsu.edu/faculty/elderd/>.

Students may be eligible for either a teaching or research fellowship which
includes a stipend and a
tuition waiver. For more information on the graduate program, the department,
other faculty
members, and Baton Rouge, LA, please see the department website:
<http://www.biology.lsu.edu/>.  For even more information on Baton Rouge, LA,
please see:
<http://tinyurl.com/md9s378>.

If your interested in applying, please email me a copy of your CV and a letter
of interest in a single
PDF.