The Society of Wetland Scientists (SWS) announces the availability of
undergraduate student awards for travel to attend our SWS annual meeting in
Providence, RI May 31 – June 4, 2015. In order to meet our goal of increasing
diversity in wetland science fields, the Society brings the students to our
national meeting and matches them with mentors for the duration of the
meeting. The areas of interest of the student participants can range from
freshwater to marine and involve a wide variety of organism types.

Undergraduate students from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply
for this exciting opportunity. We will cover all travel expenses associated
with the meeting. Participants must be citizens or permanent residents of the
United States or its possessions. Spring 2015 graduates are eligible.
Participants are selected based on academic promise, interest in exploring a
career in the natural sciences, potential for serving as a mentor, and
demonstrated commitment to increasing opportunities for underrepresented
students.

Additional information is available from Dr. Vanessa Lougheed, University of
Texas at El Paso (vlough...@utep.edu) and on the program’s web page
(http://www.sws.org/Awards-and-Grants/sws-undergraduate-mentoring-
program.html). An email to Vanessa Lougheed expressing interest in the
program can serve as a pre-application. Application deadline is November 7,
2014.