The University of Texas Marine Science Institute REU Program is
accepting applications for our summer research opportunity for
undergraduates. Our program is looking for eight talented undergraduates
who are dedicated, detail-oriented, hardworking and interested in marine
science.

Our program offers research in the areas such as marine biogeochemistry;
coastal watersheds; estuarine ecology; microbial, phytoplankton &
zooplankton ecology; and fish physiology and population biology.  The
program includes ten weeks of research, field trips, seminars and
workshops, culminating in a symposium where the students will present
their accomplishments. Student projects take advantage of the wide
variety of coastal habitats near the Institute, including shallow bays,
hypersaline lagoons, seagrass beds, estuaries, mangroves, and marshes.
It is a great opportunity to gain valuable research experience and spend
a summer by the sea!

We will be accepting applications until February 9, 2015. Required
application materials include an online application, unofficial
transcripts, professor recommendation forms and recommendation letters
from two professors. Students must be currently enrolled as an
undergraduate and be U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
and its possessions. We welcome applications from High school graduates,
transfer students, and students enrolled at community colleges.

Students will receive a stipend of $5,000 for the ten-week program,
subsidized housing, a research allowance, a travel allowance, and a food
allowance. The program runs from June 1st - August 7th, 2015.
Interested applicants can check out our website at
http://reu.utmsi.utexas.edu, or contact Dr. Benjamin Walther and Dr.
Deana Erdner at utmsi....@gmail.com