*PhD Position available in Ruffed Grouse Population Dynamics*

We are seeking an outstanding student to pursue the study of overwinter
mortality of ruffed grouse in central Wisconsin. The student’s dissertation
will involve radiotelemetry, collecting data on snow and forest conditions,
and population modeling. Additional field or modeling components could be
added depending on shared interests and funding opportunities. The student
will be advised by Benjamin Zuckerberg (
http://labs.russell.wisc.edu/zuckerberg/) in collaboration with Jon Pauli (
http://labs.russell.wisc.edu/pauli/) and Zach Peery (
http://labs.russell.wisc.edu/peery/zach-peery/). The PhD assistantship is
scheduled to begin in the fall of 2015. Note: this position is contingent
on sufficient funding which will be determined in December.

Applicants must have A MS degree in wildlife, ecology, evolution or other
related discipline. Applicants with a BS degree will only be considered if
substantial relevant experience can be shown. A solid working knowledge of
radiotelemetry, GIS, mark-recapture analysis, population ecology, and
demographic modeling are required.  Although not a requirement, the
preferred candidate will have experience conducting field studies in winter
conditions. Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills are
essential.

Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and will continue until a
suitable candidate is chosen. The University of Wisconsin-Madison is an
equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We promote excellence
through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. The
position is open to both US citizen and international candidates. Current
annual stipend levels are $21,224 per year before taxes, plus tuition
remission and health care benefits. A start date of September 2015 is
envisioned.

Interested applicants are asked to e-mail the documents listed below to our
Student Services Coordinator Sara Rodock (rod...@wisc.edu) (in ONE PDF file
please).

1)      Our departmental graduate application cover sheet (
http://go.wisc.edu/oxbq0b)
2)      Letter outlining research interests, academic and professional
backgrounds
3)      Resume or CV
4)      Copies of transcripts (unofficial copies acceptable at this point)
5)      GRE scores
6)      Names and contact addresses of three references

Questions should be directed to Drs. Zuckerberg (bzuckerb...@wisc.edu).