Please forward to students who may be interested. Thanks in advance.

The Science Education And Society (SEAS) research program (
http://seasprogram.net) is recruiting graduate students as RAs and TAs
(Masters and PhD) to be a part of many exciting projects related to science
education. We are a new lab housed in the College of the Environment and
Life Sciences (CELS) at the University of Rhode Island (
http://web.uri.edu/cels-gradprograms/bes/). We pursue broad questions
relating to educational psychology, identity constructs and social
belonging among K-PhD students (especially URMs), with an interest in how
our findings can inform curriculum development and general campus climate.
We seek students who have a strong disciplinary background in biology and
are primarily interested in pursuing a career relating to science education
research. Our program collaborates closely with the College of Education,
the Department of Sociology and Anthropology and the Department of Cell and
Molecular Biology. Students have the option of pursuing courses and
collaborations with these departments and others in line with their
research interests. Students interested in PhD or Masters course of study
are strongly encouraged to contact me (Dr. Bryan M. Dewsbury) directly by
email (dewsb...@mail.uri.edu) with a CV and an introductory letter
indicating why you might be a good fit for this program. The university
deadline for application is January 15th, 2015, so interested students
should contact me well in advance of that deadline. Thanks in advance.

--
Bryan Dewsbury, PhD
Assistant Professor