Dear Ecologers:

Recently, I became aware of a research university located in the
USA/territories that has been running expensive imaging instruments (e.g.
electron microscopes) *without* service contracts for 2+ years, due to lack
of funding. I have no idea what was the funding agency that allowed this
institution to purchase the instruments (I suspect it was a US Federal
agency) and when were the purchases made (I
suspect the purchases were made at least 5 years ago). I have a few
questions.

Do you know of any unit that provides ongoing support for

1. Servicing instruments (also known as service contracts, e.g. electron
microscopes).

2. Maintaining facilities or centers containing such imaging instruments.

If you have any suggestions, please email me directly at:
blayjo...@gmail.com . Apologies for potential multiple emails you may
receive.

With gratefulness,

Jorge A. Santiago-Blay, PhD