Position in Aquatic Ecosystem Science

As the first in an anticipated series of new hires, the Cary Institute of
Ecosystem Studies (formerly the Institute of Ecosystem Studies) seeks to
hire an aquatic ecologist at the level of Assistant or Associate
Scientist.  Candidates should have a history of publication in top
scientific journals and a proven track record in securing research funding.
The new hire will be expected to interact strongly with our largely
ecosystem-oriented current staff (http://www.caryinstitute.org/science-
program/our-scientists).

Ecologists studying the factors influencing persistence of aquatic
biodiversity, biogeochemical function and/or management of aquatic
ecosystems in the face of climate change, watershed and urban development,
and species invasions are particularly encouraged to apply.  The Cary
Institute has a tradition of encouraging long-term studies and we expect
the successful candidate to strengthen the Institute in one or more of the
following thematic areas: large-river ecology, urban ecosystems,
biogeochemistry and land-water interactions.

The Cary Institute, an independent research and education organization, is
located on a 2000-acre (810 hectare) research forest in the Hudson River
Valley of New York. Over 50 collaborating Ph. D. scientists, and 14 full
time scientists, investigate the functioning of all kinds of ecosystems
(including forests, fresh waters, and cities) and human interactions with
these ecosystems.  Institute scientists often are actively involved in
outreach, management, and policy activities to apply their science to the
real world. We seek individuals who can join this team and establish
interdisciplinary collaborations that extend the Institute’s work.

Visit us at: http://www.caryinstitute.org

We will begin to review applications for these positions on 1 February
2015, with the anticipation of a start date early in 2016.  To apply,
please visit www.caryinstitute org and complete the online application
available under the “Jobs” section. Please include your curriculum vitae,
statement of research interests and goals, and the names and full contact
information of three professional references. Please reference Job Code
14025-I in your correspondence. Candidates must be able to work in the U.S.

The Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer. Minorities, Females, Veterans and the Disabled are
encouraged to apply.