Postdoctoral Position in Plant Invasion Ecology
*         Academic Level B, Salary Range $91,071 - $107,863 pa, plus Super
*         This is a full-time, fixed term position for an initial two year
period, Mar 2015 - Mar 2017, with the possibility of an extension for a further
two years

We are seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow in the field of plant invasion ecology. We
want someone interested in applying fundamental ecological theory to answer key
questions regarding how alien plants invade into, and dominate native plant
communities.

The position is based in the Institute for Applied Ecology at the University of
Canberra, and is funded by an Australian Research Council Discovery grant
awarded to Professor Richard Duncan and Dr Jane Catford (University of
Melbourne). The research will involve a combination of field and glasshouse
experiments, and quantitative modelling and analysis.

We are seeking a highly motivated researcher interested in invasion ecology
with experience in designing and carrying out field experiments, excellent
quantitative skills, an interest in addressing fundamental ecological questions
that have important applied outcomes, and who has demonstrated they can publish
their research in peer-reviewed journals.

To be considered for this position your application must include your resume
and responses to the selection criteria. Information regarding how to apply is
available on the University of Canberra website:
http://www.canberra.edu.au/jobs/vacancies/all (Reference number 0117)

For job specific questions: please email Richard Duncan at
richard.dun...@canberra.edu.au<mailto:richard.dun...@canberra.edu.au>

Closing Date: 11:59pm Thursday 12 February 2015

Richard Duncan
Professor in Conservation Ecology
P +61 (0)2 62068858  E
richard.dun...@canberra.edu.au<mailto:richard.dun...@canberra.edu.au>
www.appliedecology.edu.au<http://www.appliedecology.edu.au>
Institute for Applied Ecology, University of Canberra, ACT 2617, Australia