Hello,
 I should note that the results of the quoted paper were disputed
in another paper (again from the Czech republic :-) that shows
that the conclusions found for ornithologist perhaps do not
apply to plant ecologists:

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs12224-013-9170-4

And again, it is just for fun :-)

Best regards from
Petr Smilauer
Faculty of Science, U.S.B.
Ceske Budejovice, CZ
International course Multivariate Analysis of Ecological Data
  (January 2016): http://regent.jcu.cz
Book by course lecturers:
  "Multivariate analysis of ecological data using Canoco 5"
  at <http://www.cambridge.org/9781107694408>
Canoco 5  http://www.canoco5.com and http://www.canoco.com