Thanks to the list I now have the articles I'm looking for and about 30
more <g>. My own interest in this topic stems from two factors, first,
concerns I have about the current state of the reviewing process (the
Ozymandias paper is a fake review of this famous poem describing the needed
measurements, with a rewritten version), which are described here
http://abc.museucienciesjournals.cat/volum-37-1-2014-abc/improving-the-reviewing-process-in-ecology-and-evolutionary-biology/?lang=en
as well as the development of innovative teaching methods for
ecology/evolution. Here is a recent article on the second area in which I
use original music videos that recapitulate class materials on speciation,
natural selection, competition, the Linnean hierarchy, habitats and rat
snakes
http://naturalhistorynetwork.org/journal/articles/the-use-of-original-music-videos-to-teach-natural-history/
​  and the music videos are on this channel ​
www.youtube.com/user/assortedpieces
​ . Not sure if anyone is interested in these things but I thought I'd
provide the links anyway. I'm continuing my efforts in teaching methods
with a quantitative evaluation of the actual effects of the videos on
learning and retention and also working on other techniques as well.

Live long and prosper,
G2​

--
Gary D. Grossman, PhD

Professor of Animal Ecology
Warnell School of Forestry & Natural Resources
University of Georgia
Athens, GA, USA 30602

http://grossman.myweb.uga.edu/ <http://www.arches.uga.edu/%7Egrossman>

Board of Editors - Animal Biodiversity and Conservation
Editorial Board - Freshwater Biology
Editorial Board - Ecology Freshwater Fish