Not a book but a good paper for the class to readĀŠ

Sterman 2013 Sustaining Sustainability: Creating a Systems Science in a
Fragmented Academy and Polarized World
(systems thinking and understanding the role of human decisions as part of
larger socio- ecological system)
Available for free download on the Internet.

Looking at Olyssa's list I am reminded of A Sand County Almanac.

Anything by Edward Abby.

Lou
Dynamic BioSystems, LLC