CALL FOR WORKSHOP/THEME SESSION PROPOSALS Species on the Move: Detection,
impacts, prediction and adaptation

Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
9 - 12 February 2016

The global redistribution of our planets’ species is widely recognised as a
fingerprint of climate change, creating significant current and future
challenges for biodiversity conservation, natural resource management and
food production systems. Additionally, the pervasiveness of species range
shifts provides us with unique opportunities to advance our understanding of
biogeography, evolutionary ecology and macroecology.

Species on the Move is an international and interdisciplinary conference of
interest to scientists and natural resource managers working in the
disciplines of global change, biogeography and evolution, and relevant in
contexts of natural resource management, biodiversity and conservation, and
theoretical ecology.

The Species on the Move Scientific Committee invites you to submit a
proposal for a one day pre-conference workshop, or an additional conference
theme session. The conference provides an outstanding opportunity to promote
intellectually stimulating discussions of the grand challenges we face in
understanding and responding to climate driven species redistribution, and
we encourage submissions that are designed to make progress and stimulate
critical thinking and debate in these areas.

Proposals are due 15 May 2015 and need to completed on the Conference
template, available at: http://www.speciesonthemove.com/workshops.html.

A first call for abstracts will follow shortly and conference registration
will open soon! Sign up for email updates at the website, to tweet about
this exciting conference please use #speciesonthemove, and to follow us on
Facebook go to https://www.facebook.com/SpeciesOnTheMove.

More about the destination! Named by Lonely Planet as one of the top 10
destinations in the world to visit in 2015, Tasmania has plenty of
experiences to put on your bucket list. Here are our top 20:
http://www.traveltherenext.com/things-to-do/item/750-20-things-to-do-in-
tasmania-before-you-die

We hope you can join us in Hobart, February 2016.

Associate Professor Gretta Pecl (gretta.p...@utas.edu.au) & Professor
Stephen Williams Co-convenors, Species on the Move