I am seeking a motivated student to fill a graduate assistantship in the
Marine Biology Ph.D. program (http://marinebiology.tamucc.edu/) at Texas A&M
University-Corpus Christi. The position is available beginning in January
2016.  The focus of this assistantship will be on viral and microzooplankton
controls upon the brown tide organism, Aureoumbra lagunensis, in South Texas
embayments.  Ample resources are available for field sampling, experimental
(mesocosm & laboratory) approaches, and or synthesis/modeling of existing
data. The student will benefit from samples and field data already collected
as part of ongoing (funded) water quality and plankton ecology studies in
the systems of interest.

Interested students should preferably hold a M.S. degree in ecology, marine
science/oceanography, microbiology or a related field. Potential applicants
with only a B.S. degree should have at least 2 years of research experience
in an area related to plankton or estuarine ecology and evidence of strong
writing and presentation skills.

The graduate assistantship will have an excellent stipend relative to the
cost-of-living. To be considered for the position, please email me, Dr. Mike
Wetz at michael.w...@tamucc.edu. Along with a letter of interest, please
send your C.V., unofficial transcripts and GRE scores. For more information
on my laboratory and research interests, please see: http://wetzlab.tamucc.edu.

Screening of applications will begin immediately and the position will be
filled as soon as a qualified applicant is identified.