Dear scientists,

A couple months ago, we posted an invitation to contribute to our #Scispends
survey, in which we are investigating whether scientists pay out-of-pocket to
conduct scientific research. We have had excellent and thoughtful responses,
and
have decided to keep the survey open until June 30, 2015.

If you have not already responded, we would greatly appreciate if you would
take
our survey. Whether or not you have spent a lot of personal money on research,
your experiences will be valuable to the project.

We hope that by collecting data on this topic, we will start a conversation on
this important issue. Our objective is to analyze and present these results
within a scientific publication.

The survey link, as well as information on informed consent, is here:
http://goo.gl/forms/ZAtzAqGRMw

We appreciate all participants, and encourage you to circulate this survey
within your professional networks.

All data will be completely anonymous, and we do not ask any questions that
will
enable your responses to be personally identifiable.

If you have any questions for us, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Edward
Hind or Dr. Brett Favaro at scispe...@gmail.com

Best regards

Dr. Edward Hind
Dr. Brett Favaro