Hi all,

I am collaborating on a project that likely requires the use of DNA
barcoding to identify seed species (Rubus spp).  We are collecting samples
from seed rain traps (passively catching bird poop) and then going through
samples under a dissecting scope to separate seeds from other organic
matter.  The seeds can be in the traps for up to 2 weeks prior to
collecting, then another 1-3 weeks before they are separated from the other
organic matter found in the traps.

 My questions are below:
1) How should we store the seeds prior to genetic work (from 1 to 12
months)?

2) Can anyone suggest a good paper that explores different methods for
storing *plant* material prior to genetic analyses?

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Eli