Anyone ever find something they wish they had read going into grad school?
Any particularly useful resources for learning statistics? Work
life-balance? Finding grants?

I am working on putting together a webpage of annotated resources for
graduate students in ecology. The goal is to have it mostly be free online
resources, but there could be a book section as well. While many lab or
student sites have a page with similar helpful resources, I am yet to find
a page that really compiles them all--a sort of *ecology student's toolkit*
(but correct me if I am wrong!)

Topics include (but are not limited to):

- Grant / scholarship sources
- Research methods
- Statistics / R
- Time management
- Data sources
- Work-life balance
- Resources for Taxonomic ID
- Natural history blogs / inspiration
- Books/recommended readings
- Writing
- Data collection / smartphone apps.

Feel free to send me links to any blogs, blog posts, interactive tutorials,
articles, apps, etc. that you have found useful as a grad student in
ecology. I would greatly appreciate your help and happily acknowledge you
on the website.

I will send out a follow-up email when this is complete--hope to have it
done by this fall.

You can reply to: lnego...@syr.edu so that we don't clog up the list-serve.

Thank you!
Luka Negoita