Folks- if you are US citizen and interested, note that I will have a tech position being announced next week to help with my native bee and pollination research here in Logan that includes components of greenhouse and common garden maintenance for my program. A relevant master's degree, preferably in entomology or botany, is required. The opening will only be posted for a few weeks, and you will see that it is very generic (a necessity to bundle it with others to move forward off a 7-month waiting list). It should show up here: <https://www.usajobs.gov/>https://www.usajobs.gov/ . There you will complete a profile that gives your qualifications.

My apologies for cross listing as I cast my net, so to speak,

Yours,

Jim

Our lab's overall mission is Research is the development of non-Apis bees as crop pollinators. Such bees include, but are not limited to, mason bees, leafcutting bees, and bumble bees. Research emphasis areas for non-Apis bees include the development and improvement of commercial management systems (including pest and disease control and diagnosis), biology and natural history that relates to bee management, pollination for crop and seed production, conservation and ecology, and taxonomy and systematics. Crops that benefit from cross-pollination, especially crops that are more effectively pollinated by non-Apis bees than by honey bees or by non-Apis bees that complement or supplement honey bees, are targeted for evaluation of pollinator efficacy and improved crop production.

Jim

===============================

James H. Cane

USDA-ARS Pollinating Insect Research Unit

Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322 USA

tel: 435-797-3879   FAX: 435-797-0461

email: jim.c...@ars.usda.gov

web page: http://www.ars.usda.gov/Research/docs.htm?docid=18333

publications: http://digitalcommons.usu.edu/piru/