We would be delighted if you would consider submitting an abstract to our
upcoming AGU 2015 session (Submission deadline: Aug 5th)

Session ID: B015
Session Title: Biogeochemical Impacts of Forest Disturbances: Measurements
and Modeling from Minutes to Millennia

Confirmed Invited Speakers: Brent Ewers (University of Wyoming), Beverly
Law (Oregon State University), Michael Dietze (Boston University), and Ryan
Kelly (Boston University)

Session Description: Disturbances alter forest biogeochemical processes
across multiple scales, from minutes to millennia and stands to landscapes,
often with important implications for climate and forest resilience.
Climate change is expected to increase the frequency and intensity of
disturbances, including drought, bark beetle outbreaks, and wildfires.
Anticipating the impacts of these changes requires both empirical and
modeling studies that link mechanistic processes across spatial and
temporal scales. Observations about disturbances from current and paleo-
ecological studies investigating the effects can be used to develop and
evaluate post-disturbance dynamics and inform ecosystem and Earth System
Models. We seek studies that use such observations as well as modeling to
estimate the magnitude of disturbances and their biogeochemical impacts,
especially related to water, carbon, and nitrogen.  This session focuses on
research that helps answer critical questions concerning disturbance in
forest ecosystems, especially those intended to improve representation in
ecosystem models, at any spatial and temporal scale.

Primary Section/Focus Group: Biogeosciences

Thank you,
Tara Hudiburg, Philip Higuera, and Jeffrey Hicke