Dear colleagues,

We encourage you to submit an abstract to our organized AGU session, " Wetland
Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Fluxes and Carbon Sequestration under a Changing Climate,
Sea Level and Environment " (session #9140).

Session Description:

Wetlands represent one of the highest rates of ecological carbon sequestration.
However, a complex interplay of the climate, land uses, hydrology, and
ecological drivers determines whether a wetland ecosystem would act as the net
source or sink of major greenhouse gases (GHGs) such as the CO2, CH4, and N2O.
Subject to the process complexity and uncertainty, the available wetland data
and models are inadequate to accurately and robustly estimate/predict wetland
GHGs and sequestered carbon at variable time and space scales. The science and
engineering gaps challenge an appropriate determination of the response of
wetland GHG fluxes and carbon stocks to the anticipated changes in climate, sea
level, inundation, and land management practices. This session welcomes
contributions with basic and applied research on carbon sequestration and GHG
fluxes from both coastal and inland wetlands. We encourage abstracts on new
methods in data collections and analyses; and modeling, prediction and
engineering tools.

Abstract submissions are due on August 5, 2015 at 23:59 EDT at the following
website:

http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2015/abstract-submissions/

We are looking forward to your contributions.

Conveners:

Omar I. Abdul-Aziz, Florida International University, Miami, FL, United States:
oabdu...@fiu.edu.

Jianwu Tang, The Ecosystems Center, MBL, Woods Hole, MA, United States:
jt...@mbl.edu.