MIDDLEBURY COLLEGE ASSOCIATE IN SCIENCE INSTRUCTION

The Department of Biology invites applications for a one-semester leave
replacement, for spring semester 2016, as an Associate in Science
Instruction (ASI). The successful candidate will responsible for all aspects
of the laboratory portion of BIOL0140 (Ecology and Evolution) including
instruction, grading, and oversight of undergraduate teaching assistants.
The ASI will teach four laboratory sections per week (12-14 students in each
lab section) during the spring semester. Applicants should have a Ph.D. in
ecology, evolutionary biology, or a related field, and a demonstrated
commitment to excellence in teaching. Candidates who are ABD but have
excellent teaching experience are encouraged to apply.

Middlebury College is a top-tier liberal arts college with a demonstrated
commitment to excellence in faculty teaching and research. An Equal
Opportunity Employer, the College is committed to hiring a diverse faculty
as we work to foster innovation in our curriculum and to provide a rich and
varied educational experience to our increasingly diverse student body.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.

Middlebury College uses Interfolio to collect all faculty job applications
electronically. Email and paper applications will not be accepted. Through
Interfolio, submit letter of application, curriculum vitae, sample of
scholarly work, and three confidential letters of recommendation, at least
two of which speak to teaching ability. More information at:
http://apply.interfolio.com/30713. All application materials must be
received by September 30, 2015.

More information on the Biology Department and its curriculum can be found
at http://www.middlebury.edu/academics/bio. Please direct any questions
about this position to Helen Young (hjyo...@middlebury.edu; 802-443-2556).

Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background check.
More information regarding background checks may be found here:
http://www.middlebury.edu/academics/administration/prospective_faculty/background_checks