Multiple postdoctoral positions in theoretical ecology are available to work
in the lab of PI James O’Dwyer, supported by recent awards from the Simons
Foundation and McDonnell Foundation.

We welcome candidates with training in theoretical ecology, and also in
other quantitative fields. Start date is flexible, and funding is available
for multiple years, contingent on satisfactory progress. Broad research
themes in the lab include

** Macroecological Theory

** Microbial Ecology

** Phylogenetics

** Species Interactions and Evolution

The O’Dwyer lab is highly interdisciplinary, drawing from mathematics,
physics, and bioinformatics, while the collaborative environment here at
UIUC provides an opportunity for postdoctoral fellows to bridge multiple
fields, across different departments and institutes. We are closely
affiliated with the UIUC Program in Ecology, Evolution and Conservation and
the Institute for Genomic Biology.

To apply, send a CV, a one page statement of research interests, a
representative paper, and contact information for three references to James
O’Dwyer at

jodw...@illinois.edu.

Applications will be considered as they arrive, and informal inquiries are
welcome. For further information also check out our lab site:

http://publish.illinois.edu/odwyerlab/