Hello, all!

So I'm still on a hunt for more livestock depredation numbers from anywhere in
Africa! If you or a
loved one has studied depredation of cows, sheep, and goats on any part of the
Continent, then
please fill in the 6-question survey below, and return by email to me
(lexasut...@gmail.com). Remember: a minute of your time could save months of
agony in a grad student's life.

Thanks, ECOLOG!

Livestock Depredation Survey (for Researchers, Practitioners, & Community
Workers)

Name:
Affiliation (i.e. university, organization):

(1) Where did your work take place?
Country:
County/Ward/Division:
City/Town/Village:
Primary or Central Research Site:
        GPS Latitude:
        GPS Longitude:

(2) Is your data published?
If so, in what journal:
        in what year:

(3) What type of bomas did you study?
[a] Unfortified/Traditional
        This refers to bomas built using strictly local materials and/or local
methodology;
        traditional stick, branch, or thatched bomas.
[b] Fortified/Modern
        This refers to bomas built using modern materials such as chain link
wire, galvanized
        wire, treated posts, or metal sheeting.
[c] Mixed
        Please elaborate.

(4) How many bomas did you monitor?

(5) How long did you monitor your bomas, on average?

(6) How many livestock…?
Were in your study area, in total?
Were in each of your studied bomas, on average?
Were lost to predators during your study period, in your monitored bomas?

Thank you for your help!

Alexandra E. Sutton
Nicholas School of the Environment
Duke University