Just a few days left (September 23rd) to submit an abstract to an exciting
new ecologically oriented session at the Ocean Sciences in New Orleans (Feb
2016).

ME016. Impacts of ecological interactions on marine ecosystem dynamics: New
insights from models, theory, and field measurements

Session ID#: 9373
Session Description:
Ocean ecosystems make up the largest living space on the planet.
Understanding the behavior, physiology, and evolution of marine organisms in
the context of their chemical and physical environments and species
interactions is key advancing our understanding of community and ecosystem
functioning across systems. Multiple general concepts in ecology have
originated from pelagic systems, including ecological stoichiometry, trophic
cascades, and the match/mismatch hypothesis. However, a fundamental hurdle
in advancing our understanding of ecological processes in the ocean remains
the traditional boundary between ecology and oceanography. In this session,
we seek to bring together those posing questions about pelagic ocean
ecosystems, bridging empirical investigations with ecological theory and
process models. We welcome both theoretical and empirical research
addressing ecological interactions across a range of scales and trophic
levels, with particular emphasis on the integration of field sampling,
ecological theory, and/or modeling aimed to reveal processes structuring
ocean ecosystems.
Primary Chair:  Clifton Brock Woodson, University of Georgia, Athens, GA,
United States
Chairs:  Kelly J Benoit-Bird, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, United
States, Adam Greer, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, United States and
Steve Litvin, Hopkins Marine Station - Stanford University, Pacific Grove,
CA, United States
Index Terms:

4813 Ecological prediction [OCEANOGRAPHY: BIOLOGICAL AND CHEMICAL]
4815 Ecosystems, structure, dynamics, and modeling [OCEANOGRAPHY: BIOLOGICAL
AND CHEMICAL]
4830 Higher trophic levels [OCEANOGRAPHY: BIOLOGICAL AND CHEMICAL]
4890 Zooplankton [OCEANOGRAPHY: BIOLOGICAL AND CHEMICAL]