Hi Angela,

Actually, I think that you are right now in the best scenario to gain some
experience in molecular skills. When I finished my degree, I didn’t have
any experience with molecular tools. I got an initiation into the
scientific career fellowship in Spain. During one year, I collaborated with
my former lab in different projects and I was trained in a diverse set of
molecular tools. It was a great experience! Finally, I applied for a
doctoral fellowship combining field and molecular work. And now, molecular
work is present in most of my works!

Therefore, I think that you are in the right moment to explore this
pathway. I think that you should take a look to labs working on interesting
questions for you. I don’t know if you have fellowships to make a stay in a
lab. If not, you could contact with the principal investigator and explore
alternative options (e.g., lab technician...).  I think that this previous
experience could be very useful for your future.

If you are thinking in a PhD, you can also write a project incorporating a
part focused on molecular work. I don’t know what your interests are, but
if you want, I could help you with this part giving you some feedback.

Good luck!

Best

Antonio

--