Working Title: Introductory Biology Laboratory Course Coordinator
Department: Biological Sciences
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Position Number 30002954

Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative
Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in
all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our
students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse
groups is encouraged.

Purpose of Position
The Department of Biological Sciences, housed in the College of Arts and
Sciences, seeks applications from a broadly trained biologist with a strong
interest in undergraduate biology education for an Introductory Biology
Laboratory Course Coordinator position beginning Fall 2016.

Familiarity with evidence-based instructional practices and the ability to
develop innovative and inquiry-based introductory laboratory exercises is
desired.

The Department of Biological Sciences has 25 full-time faculty and
approximately 400 undergraduate students.

Primary Responsibilities
This 9-month, non-tenure track renewable position:

• Assumes overall responsibility for the coordination of the major’s
introductory biology laboratory course series.

Duties associated with the coordination of multiple sections of these
laboratory courses include: development of course curriculum, teaching 12
contact hours consisting of up to 4 laboratory sections each semester,
organizing and preparing laboratory materials and activities, and working with
the laboratory prep manager to administer the classes.

• As duties permit, there will be opportunities to participate in the major’s
introductory biology lecture series, and other non-major’s courses in biology.

• Other recurring or project based responsibilities as determined in
consultation with the department chair.

Qualifications

Essential Qualifications:

• Minimum of a Master’s degree in Biological Sciences.

• Experience in the development and execution of introductory biology
laboratory exercises.

• Submit letter of application; brief statement of professional goals;
statements of teaching philosophy; curriculum vitae and names, addresses, phone
numbers, and e-mail addresses of three references.

Review of applications will begin on Nov. 13th and continue until the position
is filled. For questions, contact Dr. David Thompson, thompso...@nku.edu.

Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative
Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in
all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our
students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse
groups is encouraged.

Minimum Education       Master's Degree
Preferred Education     Master's Degree

Posting Detail Information
Requisition Number      2015F142
Job Open Date   09/22/2015
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled       Yes

Quick Link      http://jobs.nku.edu:80/postings/3505

Supplemental Questions

Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).

        • * Do you have a minimum of a Master's degree?
                • Yes
                • No
        • * Why are you interested in this position?
(Open Ended Question)

Applicant Documents

Required Documents
        • Cover Letter/Letter of Application