Dear colleagues,

The Department of Biological Sciences at the University of Pittsburgh invites
applications for one tenure-track faculty position in the broad area of ecology
and sustainability (THIS IS IN ADDITION TO OUR 3 ANTICIPATED FACULTY HIRES IN
ECOLOGY AND EVOLUTION). The position is anticipated at the ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
level, pending budgetary approval.  We seek outstanding scientists who will
enhance and complement existing strengths in our broad-based interactive
biology department. We invite applications from all candidates working on
cutting edge questions incorporating the topics of ecology and sustainability.
Candidates working in the following areas are especially encouraged to apply:

- Species (plant, animal, microbe) interactions
- Microbial ecology or ecology/evolution of the microbiome
- Population, functional or evolutionary genomics
- Physiological, biophysical or functional ecology

Successful candidates will have a Ph.D. and postdoctoral experience and will be
expected to establish an extramurally funded research program, train graduate
students, and actively participate in undergraduate science education.  To
ensure full consideration, applications and reference letters should be
received by November 6, 2015.  Applicants can apply online at:
https://facultysearch.as.pitt.edu/apply/index/MTM1.

Candidates should submit a letter of application, CV, a 2-3-page statement of
research accomplishments and future plans, a brief description of teaching
interests and at least three letters of reference. For each reference, you will
have the opportunity to input a personal email address or an email address
generated through Interfolio's Online Application Delivery.  In both cases, an
email notification will be sent to the designated address with instructions
about uploading the letters to our system.  The University of Pittsburgh is an
Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.  Women, members of minority
groups under-represented in academia, veterans, and disabled are especially
encouraged to apply.  Further information about the Department of Biological
Sciences is available at: http://www.biology.pitt.edu.

Sincerely,

Nathan Morehouse
____________________________
Assistant Professor
Department of Biological Sciences
University of Pittsburgh
165 Crawford Hall
Fifth and Ruskin Avenues
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Office: (412) 624-3378
Lab: (412) 624-3351
http://morehouselab.pitt.edu/<http://www.morehouselab.pitt.edu/>

"Il y a un autre monde mais il est dans celui-ci." - Paul Éluard