Hi All,

I am trying to prepare wood samples, collected from urban streams, to
measure heavy metal concentrations using ICP-MS. Most protocols seem to
rely on either a microwave assisted acid digestion or refluxing. I do not
have access to an appropriate microwave for acid digestion and have not
been able to achieve a complete digestion of wood ash on a hot plate. Does
anyone have experience with protocols that work well for acid digestion of
wood ash? I would appreciate any suggestions.

Best Regards,

Mariya Shcheglovitova

PhD Student
Department of Geography and Environmental Systems