The Department of Geography at The University of Alabama seeks to hire a
tenure-track assistant professor who will support the continued expansion
of our Department including our recent initiative to develop a Ph.D.
program.

The University of Alabama, Department of Geography invites applications for
a tenure-track (9-month) faculty position in human geography at the rank of
Assistant Professor, start date August 16, 2016. This new position will
support the expansion of our Department including our recent initiative to
develop a Ph.D. program. Successful candidates will demonstrate excellence
in teaching and research, as well as potential for developing robust,
externally-funded research programs that complement one or more of the
department’s broader research foci including: water resources and
human-environment systems, GIS/remote sensing, environmental management and
change, and human impacts on the environment (see http://geography.ua.edu).
A Ph.D. in Geography or closely related discipline at time of appointment
is required. Formal Review of applications will begin December 11, 2015,
and will continue until the position is filled. Apply online at
http://facultyjobs.ua.edu. Applicants should be prepared to attach a cover
letter, CV (including contact information for at least three references),
and statements of research and teaching interests. For additional
information, contact the Search Committee Chair, Seth Appiah-Opoku (
sapp...@ua.edu).

The University of Alabama is an Equal Employment/Equal Educational
Opportunity Institution. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran
status, and will not be discriminated against because of their protected
status. Applicants to and employees of this institution are protected under
Federal law from discrimination on several bases.