Dear colleagues,

I am interested in doing some small scale time-lapse photography of
inflorescence development in a greenhouse this summer. I was hoping someone
could offer some insight into a camera that is cost effective that can
capture high resolution time-lapse videos.

Ideally I would like to take the videos over the course of several days and
I understand that battery life may be an issue, so I would prefer something
that has a charging port directly on the unit (i.e. a camera that you don’t
have to switch batteries out of). In addition, it would be useful if the
camera is easy to use and durable because I’ll likely use it in the field
if the greenhouse photography goes well. I’ve looked into GoPro models, but
have never personally used one and therefore I’m unfamiliar with the
product and its capabilities.

There may not be a cheap option out there but I thought it wouldn’t hurt to
ask!

Many thanks and happy holidays,

Patrick Garrett

Ph.D. Student, Biology Dept.