Hello,

I am posting this brief personal outreach to the List in hopes that it falls
upon the eyes of someone
who might be able to provide me with some direction or even possibly a career
opportunity. I am
having a hard time finding the right fit for myself in the conservation science
world and thought that
reaching out to many who have acquired further experience than myself might
prove beneficial. I
would be happy to send my resume to any who might be interested in learning
more after reading
this post...

Through my time spent studying for my Masters of Science degree, I have
realized that without
increased public support for conservation initiatives, scientific research and
advancements will
remain underappreciated and undervalued. It is important to me that the general
public is led to feel
involved within the scientific process, as well as able to understand how
conservation science is
important in their lives.

For this reason, I believe that my professional and educational experiences
should be combined in a
way that applies my ever developing skill sets with my inherent desire to
promote the national and
international education of conservation science. My strong writing and oral
communication skills as
well as my ability to persevere in a field that can often be misunderstood
provide me with a strong
foundation to create and develop strategies benefitting conservation science
and ecosystem services.

As a successful Naturalist, Sustainability Project Coordinator, and even a
member of the Anaheim
Ducks NHL Ice Crew, I have always have desired to positively impact the
environment through my
actions as well as through my fields of work. Recently, I created my own
website based off of the
statistically significant results found during my graduate thesis project on
enhancing public
understanding and involvement with conservation science. My website, Why Should
You Care
(whyshouldyoucareblog.wordpress.com), serves to inform the public of various
scientific findings
based on published literature in a simplified yet compelling and motivating
manner. I believe that
even small changes in public action and understanding can lead to the long-term
establishment and
maintenance of many of the ongoing conservation initiatives today.

For these reasons, I seek a career where I can assist others in the learning of
conservation science
while also challenging myself to continue learning. I look forward to hearing
from you regarding any
potential opportunities you may have in mind based around the brief information
that I have
provided to you.

Have a wonderful day,
Brittnei Miller

MSc Conservation and Management of Protected Areas
BSc Environmental Science and Policy
Website: https://whyshouldyoucareblog.wordpress.com/