Hello Eco-loggers:
I've been charged with developing a manual for local farmers who want to
conduct their own on-farm research, with out support from research
scientists.  The manual has to be simplistic in nature but comprehensive in
scope.  I would like each section to have a worksheet or activity for the
farmer.  I'm wondering if any of you have developed a 'designing your
research project' type manual or series of activities for students?  I'm
looking for a two things - the first is something that is 'thought
provoking'...or, brainstorming for one (to get the farmer thinking about
the possibilities).
The second would be actually designing the research - keeping in mind that
most farmers are not likely to replicate or have access to statistical
software.

If you have anything that you'd be willing to share - could you send it to
me off-list?  My email is ctara...@mtu.edu

Thanks so much!

Catherine