I am posting this for Christy Martin. Please direct questions to her. In
terms of the future of biodiversity in Hawaii, this ranks among the most
important efforts ever undertaken, so please share with anyone who might be
able to craft such a plan.--David Duffy

Aloha,
Your help is requested in finding biosecurity planning contractors that may
be interested in submitting a proposal for crafting a Biosecurity Plan for
Hawaii.  The state has never had an overarching multi-agency plan for
addressing aquatic and terrestrial invasive species (including microbes and
disease vectors such as mosquitoes) pre-border, border, and post-border.
Proposals are due by 12 pm HST on February 12.

The hope is that we would have a solid plan with steps and funding needs,
etc. in hand by the start of the International Union for the Conservation
of Nature (IUCN) World Conservation Congress which will be held in Hawaii
in September, 2016, thus the plan is due by September.  The goal is to
provide agencies, legislators, business and industries with the major
funding, capitol improvement, policy needs and a timeline for setting in
place components of the plan.  I've mostly paraphrased here, see the Hawaii
Department of Agriculture RFP for details:
http://spo3.hawaii.gov/notices/notices/oc-16-01 .  Mahalo for your help!
Aloha,
Christy Martin

*****
Christy Martin
CGAPS-Coordinating Group on Alien Pest Species  (a project of the Pacific
Cooperative Studies Unit, UH Manoa)
P.O. Box 61441
Honolulu, HI 96839
Cell: (808) 722-0995