Plymouth State University (PSU), Plymouth, NH, is inviting applications
for its MS program in Environmental Science and Policy (ES&P). We offer
expertise in areas such as watershed ecosystems, hydrology, climate
change, ecological economics, landscape ecology, and land use planning.
Our curriculum emphasizes the relationships between science and policy,
decision making for social and ecological sustainability and resilience,
and science communication. Students in the program often collaborate
with interdisciplinary teams of faculty, students, and scientists from
other academic, governmental, and non-governmental organizations
including organizations such as Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest, White
Mountain National Forest, NH Department of Environmental Services,
Appalachian Mountain Club, and the Squam Lakes Association.

Students accepted to PSU’s MS in ESP may be eligible for graduate
assistantships (GA). For academic year 2015-16, we anticipate several
teaching assistantship (TA) positions. TAs will assist with
undergraduate courses in the Department of Environmental Science and
Policy. TAs work with faculty on preparing and teaching labs, organizing
and preparing field equipment, helping students in the field with
monitoring equipment, driving vans, teaching a unit/module, grading
assignments and lab field books, assisting with discussions, and leading
study groups. A valid US driver’s license is required.

Assistantships are available only to full-time students enrolled in the
MS program in Environmental Science and Policy and typically provide a
stipend of $4,700 and 12 credits of tuition per year. Applications to
the MS in ES&P are submitted to PSU’s  Graduate Studies. For more
information about the MS in ES&P, please contact MS ES&P Program
Coordinator June Hammond Rowan (jhammondro...@plymouth.edu). Also,
please visit https://www.plymouth.edu/department/esp/ms-in-
environmental-science-and-policy/ .