I am seeking graduate students with an interest in plant ecology to begin
work in Fall 2016 or Spring 2017.  Specific areas of interest for these
positions include:
> influence of land cover and land cover change on plant species distributions
> abiotic factors influencing distributions of plant species
> multi-scale factors influencing plant species assemblage composition.

More information about my lab and research interests can be found at
www.garyervin.net.

Preference will be given to students with experience or training in GIS,
statistics, and/or plant ecology (including taxonomy of the US flora).
Previous research experience and demonstrated writing skills are strongly
preferred.

Funding for the position will take the form of a nine-month Teaching
Assistantship, which includes a monthly stipend and waiver of all
out-of-state and 71% of in-state tuition and fees.  The Department of
Biological Sciences also has a limited number of competitive stipend
enhancements, in addition to travel awards to assist with pre-admission
campus visits.

Interested students should send the following to Dr. Gary Ervin: (1)
statement of research interests and compatibility with the above areas of
research, (2) CV (including GRE percentile scores), and (3) contact
information for three potential references.  Suitable candidates then will
be asked to provide at least one research-based writing sample and to submit
an online application for graduate studies.