I am seeking one MS student and one PhD student to join my laboratory in
the Department of Biological Sciences at Wright State University. The
general research focus of my lab is anthropogenic impacts on
biogeochemical cycling at the aquatic-terrestrial interface,
particularly within wetland ecosystems. Potential research areas include
production/export of dissolved organic matter in created and natural
wetlands and impacts of artificial lighting at night on carbon and
nutrient cycling across aquatic-terrestrial boundaries; however, the
focus of the dissertation research is negotiable.

Funding is available through a combination of graduate research and
teaching assistantships, and the student may start as early as Fall
semester 2016. For the MS, the student will be enrolled in Wright
State's Masters of Science Program in Biological Sciences:
http://science-math.wright.edu/biology/programs/graduate/master-of-
science-in-biological-sciences. For the PhD, the student will be
enrolled in Wright State’s Interdisciplinary Environmental Sciences PhD
program: http://science-math.wright.edu/environmental-sciences-phd.

Qualifications include: Bachelors degree in Biology, Ecology, or related
discipline; GRE scores within the last 5 y; minimum GPA of 3.0; minimum
IBT TOEFL score of 100 and ability to pass a verbal English test
(foreign students only). Preferred qualifications include: Masters
degree or equivalent experience (for the PhD student); interest and/or
experience in field and laboratory research; strong written and oral
communication skills; strong quantitative skills.

If interested, please send (1) a letter of intent describing your
research interests and relevant work/educational experience, (2)
curriculum vitae or resume, (3) university transcripts, and (4) GRE
scores (unofficial copies ok for transcripts and GRE scores) to Dr.
Katie Hossler at katie.hoss...@wright.edu.