We are seeking a motivated postdoc to investigate the effects of
aboveground disturbances on the composition of ectomycorrhizal fungal
communities in the boreal forest. This is a focused, one-year project which
involves: molecular analysis of fungi collected from a range of sites in
northern Alberta, Canada, bioinformatics, data analyses and the generation
of publication(s). Successful candidates must have prior experience in
using Sanger and next-generation sequencing technologies, and
bioinformatics (e.g. QIIME).

Proficiency in spoken and written English and demonstration of a successful
publication record is required. Start-dates are flexible, but no later than
August 1, 2016. Salary is CAN $40 – 50,000 per year depending on
qualifications. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however,
Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. If suitable
Canadian citizens or permanent residents cannot be found, other individuals
will be considered.

Interested candidates are encouraged to email (1) an unofficial transcript
(PhD), (2) curriculum vitae, and (3) a brief personal statement describing
research and career goals to Justine Karst, justine.ka...@ualberta.ca. This
position will be under the direction of both Justine Karst and Simon
Landhäusser.

*Closing date:    *March 15, 2016

*We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those
individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.*

*The University of Alberta offers appointments on the basis of merit. We
are committed to the principle of equity in employment. We welcome
diversity and encourage applications from all qualified women and men,
including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and
Aboriginal persons.*

--
Justine Karst
Assistant Professor